Sunday 12 September 2010

Matching Pair

Now this has always been a personal pet peeve of mine, alongside women who doll themselves up to go to work and then wear gym trainers (the ugliest of the trainer family), why did they even bother! Now I have always been overly quick to judge (by judge I mean mock) when you see this matching monstrosity coming towards me, until recently when I joined the club.


This was by no means intentional, but on this occasion I had arranged to meet the girlfriend for drinks and as I saw her approaching, I was greeted with a unwelcome realisation that we are pretty much wearing identical outfits. Now if I wasn’t mentally five I would have handled the situation better but I am so instead of greeting the girlfriend I opted to throw a mini hissy fit insinuating that she had purposefully copied my outfit, which is obviously ridiculous as she was asleep when I left that morning but there we were standing together in our desert boots, black jeans, black leggings in her case, some form of white top and barbour jackets, as if we were announcing ourselves to the word, yes this is us and we proud. Knowing full well that I now have to stay out like this and then travel back together like this, suggesting that we went separately probably wouldn’t help my case as I feel I’m already in trouble with my insinuating.

Needless to say some low lighting saved the day, although I have been to the dark side and unlike Darth Vader, there was no untold power or death star just two people unknowingly announcing themselves to the world. Next the day we made sure we were wearing the complete opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment